Download High Sierra VMDK as whole file

Linked below is the Google Drive zip file of the VMDK you’ll need to get High Sierra working on VirtualBox. Watch the video above FIRST so that you can successfully download the file as a whole. For whatever reason if you try to download direct from web browser google drive will chop the file into multiple parts breaking the file.

READ THIS: QUOTA EXCEED ERROR… AFTER YOU “ADD TO MY DRIVE” (1:20 into the video) THERE IS AN ADDITIONAL STEP…. YOU HAVE TO RIGHT CLICK ON THE VMDK IN YOUR  DRIVE AND MAKE A COPY… THEN REMOVE/DELETE THE ORIGINAL ONE. AFTER YOUVE DONE THIS PROCEED WITH THE REST OF THE STEPS. SORRY THIS IS A PAIN IN THE NECK.

WHAT IS .RAR FILE? THIS IS JUST A STANDARD COMPRESSION FORMAT. USE AN APP LIKE UHARCHIVER FROM THE APP STORE TO EXTRACT.

VERY IMPORTANT: If “Add to My Drive” is NOT appearing and all you see when you right click in Google Drive is “Add shortcut” then click the file and “SHIFT Z” and then “Add to Drive” will appear. Make a copy of the file then delete the original file. If the file is a .rar file, this is a zip file. Unzip before proceeding with finding and using the High Sierra .vmdk file in the Virtual Machine. Took me FOREVER to figure this out! Sheeesh! (Shared in comment by the YouTube Viewer “The Gertie Birdie Chronicles”)

DOWNLOAD : High Sierra VMDK

49 thoughts on “Download High Sierra VMDK as whole file”

1. Could not make a copy, possibly due to lack of space on my Google drive (15 GB). Would MEGA not allow to upload the whole file?

2. So for all you who can’t see the file in your backup-and-sync app, I also had this issue. What you need to do is, when you arrive at the part where you select “Sync only these folders”, it just says Select All, right? (It only says Select All for me, because I have nothing else in my Disk but this file). So go on and click Select All, and then Start in the bottom right corner. Now on your Mac screen, in the line on the top, where your wifi and time and such is, there will be a Backup-and-sync logo. Click that, and wait a few seconds. For me it then started downloading the File, just like his last corrected picture shows! 🙂 I hope this helps!

3. Hey Techcore,

Is there a reason your link is directing me to the .rar file, and not the folder as shown in your video?

4. 2-To add, when I right click the .rar file, the only options I get are to “add a shortcut to my drive”, therefore when I sync my folder, it appears empty, instead of the 7gb shown in your video.

Thanks in advance by the way, your videos are a great help!

5. On Google Drive, you only give the .rar file to download. Therefore, this tutorial doesn’t work. You are not giving us the correct file. It’s like giving us an apple and you’re telling us how to peel a banana while you have the banana and we have the apple.

Please give us access to the correct file.

6. I completed all the steps but when I get to the part that I add to my drive, I don’t have that option, the option I have is add shortcut to Drive. I used the link you provided, please advise how to proceed. Thank you!

7. I received the download quota exceeded report. I believe I have done all the necessary steps you’ve shown including making a copy and deleting the original. Drive account has the full 15gb available also. Any suggestions how to get past this?

Thanks

8. What should I do if I don’t have the “Add to Drive” option? (Only “Add shortcut” appears for me). I’m trying to figure it out on my own but failing. Thank you!

9. The same option ” Add Shortcut to Drive” appears to me as well . I don’t have the option “Add to Drive”
    I have used the one that I have, created a copy, deleted the original but the file that remains to back up and sync is 0MB.
    It appears that many of us have difficulties with this. Can you help us please?
    tks

• Hey Bogdan,

Not sure what is happening on your end I just verified that the “Add to My Drive” option does appear on a known good Google Drive account. Maybe create another email and try again with that.

10. Hi,
    Created another google account but for nothing;
    just to mention that the existing google drive account is a good one and for many years;
    Maybe I am wrong but the google drive account is the same thing with the gmail.com address, right?
    another thing that I don’t see in your video is that you don’t have the “Add shortcut to Drive” option and the rest of us we don’t have the “Add to Drive” option ;
    Somewhere I am missing something ; any thoughts please ?

• It seems that both google and apple are sticking spikes in our spokes if you know what I mean. At some point once time permits I will have to redo this video with updated instructions.

• If “Add to My Drive” is NOT appearing and all you see when you right click in Google Drive is “Add shortcut” then click the file and “SHIFT Z” and then “Add to Drive” will appear. Make a copy of the file then delete the original file. If the file is a .rar file, this is a zip file. Unzip before proceeding with finding and using the High Sierra .vmdk file in the Virtual Machine. Took me FOREVER to figure this out! Sheeesh! (Shared in comment by the YouTube Viewer “The Gertie Birdie Chronicles”)

• Hi… just help us… we’ve shared the only file available. I’m sorry we can’t be of more help. It seems that both google and apple are sticking spikes in our spokes if you know what I mean.

11. So add the .rar to My Drive… download this… uncompress it… then add the uncompressed file BACK TO MY DRIVE? then do backup and sync for that?

• you almost got it. You have to copy the rar to your google drive then use the “backup & sync” app to download to your computer. Once it is downloaded you uncompress it.

12. I am having issues with the Backup & Sync app. When I do download it and open it, I only get a small cloud in the upper right hand corner. I am not able to open up the app and continue with the High Sierra download